Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Soft Life

When I worked in this home, it was pink. As I drove down the street looking for it, I missed it because it has improved in appearance so much with the new colour scheme on the exterior. This was the first house that I ever used a deep red paint on the walls. They had a very large dining room (that front room with the large window) with high ceilings, crown mouldings, pillars, and a lot of fancy trim and baseboards, all in white and then the contrasting red on the walls. I was a bit inexperienced in trimming a straight line when the colours contrasted, but I managed to do OK. Since then, it is routine and we have our methods for doing this in a most excellent fashion. This couple worked out of their home, from the computer and the phone. They were North American distributors for a very expensive and effective cushion material that is used for bedridden patients and wheelchair bound persons. It prevents bedsores and chaffing for those who have to stay in one position for extended periods of time. They were not exactly unfriendly, but perhaps were saving their best graces for their pillow customers. I actually worked here twice.

No comments: