Friday, May 7, 2010

Never Work For Relatives

There are those that say "never talk about religion or politics", which I almost always do, and there are those that say "never work for relatives", which I often do. When my cousin (currently my favourite one) called and asked me if I would hang wallpaper in her powder room, I could not turn her down. I had no reason to, other than the fact that the ceiling was very high and I might not be able to reach it. There is not much space in a powder room for a ladder. She was very accommodating when I told her that there was going to be tremendous waste because the distance from her wainscot to her crown moulding was the worst for pattern match. She simply called her carpenter and painter and they installed another layer of mouldings. Problem solved. This is a very beautiful home, only eclipsed by the wonderful people who live here.
PS I took this photo through the window of my vehicle, in the rain. Hence, the spots. But, I also did some architectural changes with the help of Adobe Photoshop. Will my cousin notice?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You must look like a stalker driving around town photographing random houses!