Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Classic

Just this last Thursday and Friday we hung wallpaper in this fantastic home. It brought back many memories because I have worked in this home, it seems, forever. It sits on a beautiful piece of land with no neighbours visible except for the home you see below. When I started here, it was home to mom and dad and 4 kids, the oldest had just graduated. Today, the son has moved in because his mom and dad have 'downsized' to the humble little cottage you see below. The son now has four kids of his own. His family is in the concrete business. These are all great folks I know well because they are my good customers and also because we have attended the same church since 1986. Note how the little red truck adds class to the property.
Mom and dad have been relegated to this new little cottage that is still having the finishing touches put on it. He asked me to paint it when it was under construction last year but I turned it down. 'New work' is very labour intensive and this house would have required me working off of scaffolds for days on end. Not my cup of tea at my age.

No comments: