Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Restaurant Lady

Yesterday I told about the banker and the bad renovation job he did. This is the house. The patio re-build and the landscaping are very good, however.
When I first met this lady, she was married with two teenagers. I worked here for quite some time, up-dating and decorating a tired old house. She and her husband owned and operated a restaurant in a neighbouring town and were hardly ever home. Now, just recently, she called me back to tear out what I had done and up-date her home once again. This time the kids were grown up and there was no husband. The daughter was off to school and the son was living at home with her and they operated the restaurant together, he being the night manager and she doing all the book work and managing from home. A few years ago, we worked in her restaurant and as long as we were there, she allowed us to eat our meals there practically for free.
We are now waiting for the wallpaper to arrive for her front entry and stairwell at which time we will be back. She is a most pleasant lady and I enjoy working for her very much.

No comments: