Friday, October 11, 2013

My Neigbour's Cat?

 
I have a beautiful neighbour. At least I thought she was my neighbour. Several times a week throughout the summer this very pretty little thing would hang out in our garden. I assumed she belonged to the neighbour's just on the other side of that fence you see in the photo. Until I went for a walk yesterday.
I recognized her as she came toward me on the path about two blocks from our house. She ran under a fence and made straight way to a house that is a long ways from ours. Now I am assuming that she belongs to those people, but for all I know, that is what someone assumed who saw her on my yard.
Cats are free and independent, eating, playing, and sleeping where they will. If this one did not have a nice collar and looked so well groomed, I might claim her as my own.
 
So tell me. Is she cross-eyed? (click on photo)

4 comments:

Gaye said...

Did you know that domestic cats are responsible for killing 270 million songbirds every year? Some birds such as ground feeders, are becoming endangered species. All domestic cats should be on a leash or indoors, like in Calgary!

Terry said...

Yes, these cats that use our backyard are hunters. We always kept our last cat inside mainly because we did not want her to get fleas, but had she ever come home with a song bird her days would have been numbered. :)

Rachel said...

Circle of life....

AF said...

Yes, that's a cross eyed cat.