Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Canada Day 2008


I love Canada! I often rant against the things that are going on that I disagree with. I do this because I see my country as having the potential to be so much more than it is. There have been leaders in our past, and perhaps some even today, that have seemed bent on destroying what we have. Very often the direction Canada takes is not in complete agreement with its citizens. Too often, it appears that common sense takes a back seat to expediency, political correctness, or the lust for power. Our democratic system is not always truly democratic, and our justice system at times is not just at all. The list is much longer, but this is Canada Day and I must say that when I leave Canada, be it for a day or for several weeks, it is always a relief and a great joy to come back home, to my Canada.

No comments: