Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Saved from Henry


I stated in my post yesterday that things in Canada do not always go according to the will of the people and that sometimes justice is lacking. I did not think that on that very day I would come face to face with such a blatant example of both.
A few months ago, the media was testing the waters and asked on an on-line poll, if we would be for or against Henry Morgentaler receiving the Order of Canada. I was happy that I had come across this poll and expressed my wish, along with 67% of the tens of thousands of respondents, that, no, we did not want that.
In spite of the controversy and the divisiveness of doing so, the Advisory Council for the Order of Canada, headed up by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada, Dimitri Soudus, approved Henry Morgentaler, the abortionist, for the highest honour one can achieve in Canada.
When I read it, I was shocked and appalled. Mr. Morgentaler has been aborting babies since 1960. For 28 years he was defying the law of the land and also God's laws. Who knows how many children were murdered by his hands in the name of women's rights. After being a thorn in the flesh of the government, he was finally able to influence a change in the law and in 1988 abortion became legal. Does a life dedicated to abortion and the taking of innocent life deserve an Order of Canada Medal? If you think so, ignore this post. I never did want my blog to become a platform for political activism but only the odd 'rant' once in a while. But I just feel compelled to urge all of my readers to write an email to their MP. This is not a decision made by government or any political party, but the MP's are our voice in the business of the nation and if enough letter writers show their disapproval, some MP's voices may be bold enough to ring out against this travesty.
I wrote my MP last night and he responded today, not with a form letter, but with a personal opinion totally agreeing with me.
Go to the following link and find your current MP, click on his name and it will take you to his profile and his email address

No comments: