Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Lazy Day

I only call it a lazy day because I did not do any physical work. When having my vehicle serviced, I can count on killing at least a half day, so I just took the whole day off. I met some folks I have seen many times in church and visited with them for an hour over a cup of Tim Horton's and also got to meet some of their friends, including a woman who was having her 100th birthday today. Then it was off to do odds and ends that can never get done during the work day. I bought printer cartridges for my new printer for the first time and nearly fell over from the shock of paying $73.00 for one black and one colour cartridge! I then purchased a part so I could repair our stove. Yesterday my 3rd CPP cheque was deposited into my account and today it is all gone plus the tip I was so pleased to get yesterday. At this point the thought of retiring is a joke. Why am I not laughing. If one day off work is so expensive, how will I ever handle 7?

No comments: