Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Flowers Outside and Inside



I look forward to my 2o minutes every night when I find a picture to post and rummage around in my brain for a few words to accompany it. Tonight the 'picture loader' was having problems and I had little panic attack. This was a clue to me that maybe blogging is becoming too important. But, I tend to ignore clues and wait for more concrete evidence before charting a new course on something.
By now you have realised that I really get off on photographing flowers. A photo without colour is dull and boring, or can be. The window box above was fastened to a drab beige house so I doctored it a bit.
Below, I was chilling out in my sister's living room admiring her Gladiolas so I grabbed my camera and by snapping a shot, was able to keep them from ever getting wilted and brown. The late afternoon sun gave too much contrast but unlike the weather, we mere mortals cannot control the sun. (Our Premier, Gordon, believes we can change the weather and it will only cost us 2.7 cents per litre of gasoline. It must be magic because it ain't logic.)





4 comments:

Rachel said...

Those aren't daffodils DAD!

Stephanie said...

Daffodils are the first flowers in spring. I guess Auntie Lis's green thumb hasn't rubbed off on you after all these years. Those are glads, I think.

Terry said...

Excuse #1 I was just testing to see if anyone was paying attention.
Excuse #2 I am tired after a long day.
Excuse #3 Major brain fart.

Of course they are Gladiolas. Everyone knows that!

Rachel said...

At least you know you have a few readers :)