Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sail Away


We visited many marinas on the weekend and each time I must say that I felt the 'tug of the sea'. I have rarely been on a small boat, but there is something very appealing about sailing. It could be the freedom it represents, not being bound by highways and stoplights, but still being able to get to beautiful locations. I have a very healthy respect for the water and you would probably recognise me as the one with the life jacket on. The downside of boat ownership is, of course, the constant maintenance and upkeep. Finding accessible and affordable moorage is also a challenge, so I would just a soon befriend a generous sailor and mooch my way on board. A wise man once said that the second happiest day of his life was when he bought his sailboat. The happiest day was when he sold it.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I thought you forgot your camera on your trip.

Terry said...

You misunderstood, my dear. I had a senior's moment one day while I was there. I forgot to load the charged battery into the camera.

Stephanie said...

Hey, you're not allowed to use that excuse until you're actually a senior, senor.