Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Huddle


Our garden is a mass of Poppies these days. You would think we were farmers in Afghanistan. Just when you think they are in decline, another batch pops up, hence Poppies. From bud to bloom to seed pod is only a matter of two or three days so it is good that they do not all come due at one time.
I am having trouble finding time to process my pictures from the island but will do so in due time, and I will be posting them as I get to them. My work usually slows a bit in mid summer but not so this year. I can well relate to the inflation that is creeping upon us daily but any slow down in the economy has not yet reached my door. We in B.C. are somewhat immune at the present time and we had better enjoy it while it lasts. Like the Poppies, the bloom can come off rather quickly.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've never seen a poppy with jagged edges like that. Is it a double poppy?

Terry said...

Not sure what they are called, the gardener is not home tonight. They resemble carnations and come in pink and red. Those pods you see are what is left after the petals fall off. Definitely poppies.

Anonymous said...

They're really beautiful. I've got the standard Oriental poppies, but I like Auntie Lis' variety better.