Sunday, July 6, 2008

Vancouver Harbour Low Tide


I caught a little item on the news this morning that makes me shake my head. The VPD (Vancouver Police Dept.) are cracking down on Auto theft, vandalism, and content theft in the downtown area. Good on them, but they have an ill conceived plan. They have patrolled the parking lots and after finding autos with unlocked doors or valuables displayed openly in the vehicle, they have displayed brightly coloured warnings on the vehicle to remind the owners of their errant ways. I think they call this prevention. I think that what they have done is take the legwork out of thievery. The good targets, being clearly marked, have now been identified and the burglars and car thieves can go directly to those vehicles which will net them the best and easiest results. One has to think like a criminal in order to beat them. Bad guys one ..... good guys zero, in this little game.

No comments: