Monday, July 28, 2008

The Challenge

I was challenged tonight and I must admit that I rose (rose .... get it.... a reference to the picture) to the challenge and came out on top, at least for now. I am not usually one to admit my shortcomings and I take pride in being a disciplined person, but tonight is confession time. The sweetness of my life and one of the better cooks I have been married to, made an amazing pie for dessert tonight and I relished every morsel of the good sized piece she allowed me to have. And then came the challenge. She stepped out for the evening and left me alone with 'the pie'. With little remorse or regret, even now, (ask me at midnight when the heartburn starts) I dove into the pie. As her digestive system does not take kindly to pie, she did not have a piece so there was only one piece missing, the one I had eaten only minutes earlier. I am proud (or ashamed) to admit that there is now only 1/2 a pie left. Before you cast stones, let me tell you what kind of pie it was. Butterscotch cream on a home made shell with whipped cream and sprinkled with toasted almonds and shaved chocolate. I would be posting a picture of it but I am afraid that if I take it out of the fridge one more time, there may be another challenge and there will only be crumbs to photograph. You would much rather see a photo of a rose, wouldn't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see the pie...if there is a half pie left, and you had half...well, what is happening to the rest? I would be more than interested to be a partner this crime...

Terry said...

Now there is only 1/4 of the pie left. It is no longer photogenic as it is suffering from refrigerator wilt. I had the third quarter only moments ago and if you want the last piece, you must come and get it.