Monday, July 21, 2008

Genoa Bay


I have no idea who these people are, but I am envious of them. Not because of the fact that they have a dog, or a dinghy. Not because they are going to the harbour side restaurant for a Sunday morning brunch. I am envious of them because of an assumption I made. Who would come off the water in a dinghy to go out for brunch on a beautiful clear and sunny day but someone who has been travelling the waters in one of those big fancy boats in the background of the photo? I am not even envious about the boat. I am envious of the freedom these people have to do something so absolutely wonderful on a day made in Heaven while us landlubbers can only stand on the dock taking pictures of them. Come to think of it, I could be doing that too. All that is required is for me to sell my home and live forever on a boat. It would have to be a rather large boat because I would want my family and all my dear friends to live on there with me. After a few weeks of that I would once again want my freedom back and would become a landlubber again. Ah yes. The human condition .... always yearning for something we do not have and all because that something never satisfies the true longing of the soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo, Terry! A good representation of the wonderful day we had in that neck of the woods. Gaye