Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Rose In The Garden


The Rose is one of the more photogenic flowers in the garden but there are only two times in its short life when it is perfect and therefore photogenic. The first time is when it is a bud, just showing its true colours for the first time. The next time is when it has fully opened and has not splayed its petals far enough apart to look like it is in disintegration. I think I caught this one at its magic moment and in some very attractive light. Life is short, especially in the garden, but true beauty is even more fleeting. I met a client today from 27 years ago. I did not recognize her until she started speaking and her bubbly personality came through to over ride the ravages of an aging body. Inner beauty has no prime and no fleeting life. It is eternal in nature and enduring to the end.
Due to a trip overseas, I will be giving you, my faithful readers a break from enduring my ramblings for a few days. I will leave you with this thought to ponder. "If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?"

No comments: