Monday, January 26, 2009

For The Nurses

IRISH MEDICAL DICTIONARY
• Artery - The study of paintings.
• Bacteria - Back door to cafeteria.
• Barium - What doctors do when patients die
• Cesarean Section - A neighbourhood in Rome
• Catscan - Searching for Kitty.
• Cauterize - Made eye contact with her.
• Colic - A sheep dog.
• Coma - A punctuation mark.
• Dilate - To live long.
• Enema - Not a friend.
• Fester - Quicker than someone else.
• Labour Pain - Getting hurt at work.
• Medical Staff - A Doctor's cane.
• Morbid - A higher offer.
• Nitrates - Cheaper than day rates.
• Pelvis - Second cousin to Elvis.
• Seizure - Roman emperor.
• Tablet - A small table.
• Terminal Illness - Getting sick at the airport.
• Tumour - One plus one more.
• Urine - Opposite of you're out

These medical terms have nothing to do with the frost pictures, but it is better that the rant I had planned against Obama. Maybe another day.




3 comments:

Susan said...

Awww... thanks so much Terry for the humorous medical terms. I got a good laugh from them. Oh my, hahaha. I plan to share this with others at work :) The pics of frost are so pretty. I haven't really seen much frost here in Texas at all. Back home in Mississippi, my car would have to dethaw every morning when I got off from work as it would be covered in a blanket of ice. But here, however, I've only had ice on my car once. I suppose that is because south Mississippi is much more humid than this area.

Susan said...

I agree with you on the frustration of paying taxes only to have the government spend it carelessly. It is unfortunate that we have NO voice in the way our own tax dollars are spent... or rather wasted in some cases.

On This Rock said...

Love the post Terry!...I think that you really have things down pat...must be that you will want to come to work with me one day soon & we could compare notes....probably your version of medical terms is a whole lot more interesting than mine, however we could add to your list most likely....