Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Left Behind


We were talking about the series of books "Left Behind" the other evening when some friends were over for coffee and lemon pie. Today is a day when I feel left behind. The holiday period lasted a long time this year with so many of us house bound because of the snow and bad road conditions. Even today (Monday) the schools are closed and the wheels of commerce are still not in full motion, but according to the calendar, we are far enough into the year that we should all be up and running. I am not and will not be for another week. Add this to the very slow December that I had and I am getting a taste of retirement. I am now satisfied with just a taste, but somehow, I don't like the flavour. Of course, when I do actually retire, there will be a plan in place and the fact that I do not have work will not be wearing on me, but still, as much as I sometimes complain about work, it has been in my blood for so long that I feel anemic without it. I believe we were all born to be creative and to produce and when we are not, we are incomplete.
The photo: Amid all the overcast and snow, we caught a quick glimpse of the sun on Saturday. It really does exist!

No comments: