Saturday, January 24, 2009

Frosty

During the floods only a few days ago, this land was completely underwater. Now the creek bed seems low and if I did not know better, I would say it was a dry winter.
With the fog in the north, and the sun at our backs, the ice caught the light in spectacular fashion. I am saving the better ones for later.

Here is Andrew, the real photographer, giving perspective to the photo. My battery does poorly in the cold so I ran out of juice before he did and as a result he has more photos than I do. When he is done processing them, I will treat you all to some of his. I just know they will be better. But then again, he copyrights them and he may not want them on my very public blog.


4 comments:

Susan said...

Very nice pics, Terry. I'm not sure I could brave the cold long enough to take photos like that. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Hey there... I saw your comment on my "tagged" post. Charlie isn't crazy... he will say even better things about me (if he knows what's good for him!)... LOL. He doesn't care for those cramped quarters in the doghouse.

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard at your last comment to my post that my tummy hurts. You certainly have keen insight, don't ya? LOL, so now you've got it all figured out. Actually, if he is good, I may feed him steak this weekend, rather than Kibbles n Bits :)

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed these pictures. The scenery is quite spectacular...I know that the trees in Hope have layer upon layer of this frost. Thank you for sharing.