Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fresh Chicken Sandwich


It is three years since I wanted to lay down and die. The feeling did not come immediately, but was preceded by a fear of doing just that. The old familiar pain came, again, without warning and within minutes I was hyperventilating, and then being afraid that I would NOT die. And so it goes when one has a kidney stone attack. The relief that comes when the morphine hits the blood stream is amazing and one can again focus on things other than the mind numbing pain. There is a longer story here to be written about sometime, but for now, I am happy to announce that there is a chance that I have found the solution to the re-occurrence of stones forming in my kidneys. I have the more rare of the two types and it appears as though my body does not process the proteins in red meat very well. I made a simple diet change and for three years now I have stayed away from red meat at least 99.9% of the time. On this three year anniversary, I would like to think the strategy is working.
Because I eat a lot of fish and chicken, I am always looking for innovative ways to do so. The ultra fresh chicken sandwich is intriguing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is toooo gross!

On This Rock said...

I love the picture...it must be the sense of humor of a chicken farmer...anything to support the industry!