Sunday, November 16, 2008

Discovery


I hope you, my dear readers, do not mind me extending Autumn so far into November. I still have plenty of shots of the wonderful foliage we experienced this year in our neck of the woods. The colours on this photo look like they have been manipulated, but I assure you, they have not.
During the past year, our city has amalgamated and improved some of the walking trails and connected them into a network they called Discovery Trail. The trail is delightful and used a great deal by joggers, cyclists, and walkers like myself. It extends for many miles through the city and offers a variety of terrain and vistas. It may never be far from a busy thoroughfare, but mostly, it feels like it is in the country. Our city's motto is "City in The Country" but these trails represent 'country in the city'. A good use of tax payers dollars.

1 comment:

Susan said...

The colorful foliage is absolutely beautiful... thanks for sharing your awesome photos.