Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Where Is It?


Wallet, keys, glasses, cell phone. Wallet, keys, glasses, cell phone. This is the mantra I was chanting as I got dressed the other day. I was changing my pants and got distracted as I was tightening my belt. These are the four things I cannot leave the house without. I had gone for an evening walk the night before and because I am afraid of getting mugged in a section of town a few blocks from here, I left my wallet at home, throwing it into the drawer of my night table. (As if this is not the first place a thief would look after breaking into my house!) I tend to repeat important things to myself in an attempt at trying to remember them. Apparently I will have to change my strategy as I found myself walletless much later in the day. At first, I panicked, thinking I had lost it. Then I remembered. I drove the next 40 kms rehearsing a speech for the cop that would surely pull me over. (Peter's Principle) Amazingly, it did not happen. I think the cop sitting beside the road forgot to turn on his radar. He looked about my age.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Haha... I enjoyed a few moments of laughter while reading your story this morning. :) Thanks for the humor !!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty funny....and unfortunately rather common. F had to go back into the house 3 times before we could leave for Life Group on Sunday - 1. keys, 2. wallet and 3. Bible. Forgot the glasses so might as well have left 3. at home....I think it might be just men perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Terry, when I started taking "Plus" that piece of the pie became a tiny sliver....try it you'll like it....brain food.

Sis