Sunday, November 23, 2008

One Year Anniversary


It was one year ago today that I started to blog. It has been a fun and interesting experience. To date, I have received on average, 16 hits a day. Lately that has increased, but in the beginning things were slow because I was only starting. The 'hottest' day was 170 hits. I have had visitors from virtually every country in the world. I can find out how they discovered me and it is usually through a Google Search. To date, my post on Gerbera Daisies has been by far the most popular post by which people find Terryography. Hardly a day goes by when someone has not found me through that post.
It has been a fun and creative process to come up with something every day. Sorry if it gets a little repetitious but some issues are on my mind more than others. I have so appreciated the comments from so many of you. I am always surprised when I 'bump into' people who say they are reading my blog. I had no idea and think that now they know more about me than I would care to have them know. I have been toying with the idea of starting another blog that gets more personal. I find it helpful to express my thoughts in writing as it forces to me to define them more clearly. Another blog would explore issues such as faith. That is such a huge part of my life that I would never run out of material.
One more comment is that I usually am about three or four days ahead of myself. That is, I schedule the posts so if they seem at times to be behind the times, that is why. For example, I wrote this one on the 20th. So, if you heard that I died and the posts are still coming, the announcement will not have been a rumour. But then again, Mark Twain commented at one time that the announcement of his death had been greatly exaggerated. Maybe he was a blogger too.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Terry, I have tremendously enjoyed your stories and photos. You are a good writer and I appreciate your thoughts and kind comments as well. I have not caught up on reading all of your posts so far, as I have just started this blog interest in September, but eventually I will get around to reading them all. I posted some comments to your comments in a couple of my posts, not realizing that I should have posted my responses to your comments in your posts... oh well, I'm learning...LOL. Thank you for sharing all of your stories and keep up the good work... God bless you.