Saturday, November 29, 2008

Shed Some Light


Today the up-grades on our kitchen started in earnest. I have been poking away at it for a while now but the major items, of which I am not capable, are now in full swing. One task which I would never tackle is installing pot lights. Many years ago, I had a carpenter friend build a 'sunshine ceiling' which contained a couple of banks of fluorescent lighting. At the time, they were the thing to install and have been a bit of a bother with burnt out tubes and defunct transformers, not to mention the debilitating flickering light that emanates from fluorescent. She who cooks is very light sensitive and at times claims to suffer from light deficiency syndrome. I am trusting the eight bright overhead pot lights will shed some light on her dilemma.

No comments: